COVID-19 RESPONSE PLAN
Our company is now facing a new challenge with the spread of COVID-19. As we navigate the risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic we have developed the following protocols in order to maximize everyone’s safety. These protocols apply to both our guides and our guests.
- Beginning on July 1, 2020, we will begin guiding groups up to 6 people.
BEFORE YOUR ADVENTURE
- Any shared gear or gear you have rented from Northeast Mountaineering or our affliate Climbingrentals.com will be disinfected with sanitizer wipes and/or a warm soapy bath.
- Each guide and guest will take their temperature before their adventure.
- If a guide is feeling unwell, they will NOT come to work and the adventure will be rescheduled.
- Your NEM guide will maintain good personal hygiene and wash hands often.
- All guests will be required to fill out our short COVID-19 Health Questionnaire prior to their adventure.
- If a guests arrives and appears to be unwell or have a fever, our guides may ask that you reschedule your adventure.
GETTING TO NORTHEAST MOUNTAINEERING
- All guests should drive in separate vehicle unless you are in the same household or have been in contact during quarantine.
- Practice responsible social distancing and good personal hygiene when making pit-stops.
DURING YOUR ADVENTURE
- Guides will begin the day informing our guests of the inherent risks associated with COVID-19 and the protocols that are in place to mitigate those risks.
- We will meet you on the porch of our Bunkhouse. The Bunkhouse itself will be closed with the exception of the restrooms.
- Your NEM guide and our staff will practice social distancing throughout the day whenever possible.
- When it is not possible to social distance, such as at a belay stance, both guide and guest will be required to utilize a face covering. A Buff is recommended.
- Your NEM guide will carry hand sanitizer. We recommend bringing a small bottle of your own as well.
AFTER YOUR ADVENTURE
- If you feel your guide did a great job, they always appreciate a gratuity. We prefer to use Venmo (if possible) as it limits the spread of germs.
- Your guide will help you disinfect your rented or shared gear.
- Unfortunately we discourage shaking hands, high fives and hugs.
IF YOU FEEL THERE WAS EXPOSURE
- If you begin to feel unwell after your adventure, please contact us immediately to inform us of the potential exposure and seek medical attention.
- If your guide begins to feel unwell after your adventure, we will contact you immediately to inform you of potential exposure so you can seek medical attention.